Research Development Manager (Climate & Biology), SDU
Research Development Manager (Climate & Biology), SDU
The Dean’s office at the Faculty of Science at SDU is looking for an academic Research Development Manager to complement our External Relations Team.
Do you have an interest in working with science and increasing funding success? And do you have a natural talent for grant writing and communication? Are you an agile, goal oriented, quality driven, and self-driven person? Then we have the perfect job for you!
As Research Development Manager, you will manage and coordinate the grant application and pre-award process including identifying potential new funding sources, developing funding resources, preparing proposals and grant applications, writing and editing grants, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on grant applications and developing research strategies. In this position you will also support the SDU Climate Cluster (SCC) and the Department of Biology with their cross-cutting research and initiatives.
You will be part of an international team providing a core and high-level support function for researchers at the Faculty of Science and the SDU SCC, by assisting researchers in writing, preparing, and submitting winning project proposals.
Your tasks will be to:
- Seek new avenues for funding and new grant opportunities
- Disseminate funding opportunity information
- Work closely with the faculty and staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals
- Write and review proposals, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Onboard new academic staff and introduce them to national and international funding landscapes
- Obtain and provide information and matchmake colleagues to upcoming calls for proposals
- Identify, promote, and support best practice in successful grant winning
- Participate in research and external funding strategy development
- Assist with office tasks in the external relations team such as costing of projects, maintaining web-content and newsletters, data-analysis, organizing events, and leadership support.
- You have a relevant academic degree (preferably in science*) at PhD level, and postdoc experience is an advantage OR long-standing experience in the field of research support.
- You must be fluent in written and spoken English and be an excellent communicator.
- You are enthusiastic, a team player, supportive and highly flexible to meet the variety of work.
- Experience in fundraising of EU research projects and/or Danish foundation bids (e.g. DFF, Novo Nordisk) will be considered an advantage.
- Experience with developing research strategies is considered an advantage.
- You work independently and can manage and prioritize your own time.
* Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry or Pharmacy.
Due to the specificity of the projects and funding programmes, with strict application deadlines and “last-minute projects”, there are peak periods where you must be able and willing to work longer hours.
A motivating and exciting position with ample potential for personal development at the Faculty of Science at SDU, a faculty characterized by ambition, commitment, and an informal and flexible working environment. You will also work locally in close collaboration with strong scientific environments. You will become part of the External Relations Team that bridges project management, policy intelligence, liaison with funders, capacity building, leadership support with hands on grant writing. We offer collaborative working ethic and expect that you contribute actively to the team and to a balanced workload of the team tasks. SDU offers an attractive work-life balance, a competitive salary** with the option for qualification allowance, a full-time position, frequent training, and personal development.
We strongly encourage Danish and European experts to apply for these positions. SDU and the Region of Southern Denmark provides excellent repatriation services, language courses, day-care, and international schools, and a strong and growing international community. People in Denmark are known to be amongst the happiest people in the world.
The External Relations Team is part of the Dean’s office with around 30 colleagues including study-administration, communication, and costing teams. The Faculty of Science consists of four departments: Biology; Biochemistry and Molecular Biology; Mathematics and Computer Science, and Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy. The faculty hosts 500 employees and 2000 students.
To be considered for this position, please fill out an online profile and attach the following documents: cover letter, resume (CV), certificates and a list of three references.
Contact Team Leader Harald Hasler-Sheetal (tel.: +45 93 50 74 25; e-mail: email@example.com for more information.
** Salary and employment conditions in relation to educational background and applicable collective agreements between the Ministry of Finance and the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations (AC).
The first round of interviews is expected to take place in week 13 and the second round of interviews is expected to take place soon after, if relevant. First round of interviews by telecom is an option for candidates not based in Denmark.
Expected job start is 1 May 2023 or soon thereafter.
Applications must be submitted electronically using the link “Apply online”. Attached files must be in Adobe PDF or Word format. Each box can only contain a single file of max. 10 Mb. We recommend that you read how to apply before you apply.
You can only apply for the position through our website.
Application must include cover letter, CV and certificate. None of the documents in connection with the application should contain CPR number (civil registration number) – otherwise the CPR number must be crossed out.
All attached files must be in Adobe PDF format. Cover letter and CV should each amount to max. 5 Mb.
We recommend that you read how to apply before you apply.
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.