Centre of excellence administrator (KU)
Centre of excellence administrator (KU)
Do you want to work with planning, communication, coordination, and project management in a committed international research environment? Then the job as administrator for CULTMIND might be something for you.
CULTMIND – the Centre for Culture and the Mind – is based on a grant of DKK 39 million from the Danish National Research Foundation. It is anchored at the Faculty of Humanities in close collaboration with The Competence Center for Transcultural Psychiatry, Capital Region of Denmark. The center constitutes a dynamic international research environment with many guests and activities. The research team will include 15-20 researchers of different nationalities and with expertise in history, anthropology, comparative literature, linguistics, psychology, and psychiatry. Further information about CULTMIND can be found here.
To support the center’s daily work and progress, we are looking for an energetic and wide-ranging center administrator (37 hours/week) starting 1 April 2024 or as soon as possible thereafter. This is a five-year position until 31 March 2029 (with a possibility of a four-year extension, subject to the Centre’s funding evaluation). You will work closely with the Head of Center, Professor Ana Antic, and the rest of the center.
The Tasks are versatile and include:
Administration and management services, including:
- Being the driving force in relation to organizing the center’s meetings (to convene, prepare meeting materials and facilitate) – both live as well as online and hybrid
- Keeping an overview of the center’s financial consumption and dispositions in collaboration with the department’s project economists
- Being the administrative link between the institutions involved, and a link to other departments, faculties, universities and other external partners
- Following up on agreements and ensuring progress in relation to the center’s activities, e.g. recruitment and reporting
- Performing secretarial tasks for the center management, including practical assistance with the operation of the center as well as at events and conferences
- Organizing conferences, workshops and research travel for the center’s researchers (e.g.
booking tickets and accommodation, reimbursing research expenses for the center’s researchers and guests) c
Internal and external communication, including:
- Being responsible for internal communication with the researchers involved
- Supporting the center’s communications committee in communication and dissemination of research results, including ongoing maintenance of the center’s website and preparation of public-facing articles about the center’s research, both on the web and on social media
- Working with the center’s external network and collaborators, e.g. managing guests and arranging visits to the center for external stakeholders
- Helping to maintain the center’s communication platforms (e.g. twitter, LinkedIn)
- Contribution to the preparation of external research applications and awareness of the research funding landscape.
The position requires an excellent level of spoken and written English.
We are offering:
- An attractive, developing, and versatile job with great independence and variety in the tasks.
- Close daily interaction with the center management, the center’s research and visitors, and other employees at the department
- Committed international colleagues who value cooperation and a dynamic working environment, and who communicate in an unpretentious, open, and respectful way.
- The opportunity to make your own mark on your work tasks, and to help build up a unique research environment.
- Good professional and personal development opportunities.
Conditions of employment
The working hours are 37 per week as an academic officer with salary and employment conditions according to the current collective agreement between AC and the Ministry of Taxation. There is the possibility of negotiating allowances according to qualifications.
How to apply
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below or via this advertisement found on http://employment.ku.dk.
Application deadline: January 31, 2024, at 23:59 p.m. CET
The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
UCPH is in the process of designing a new shared administrative organization at UCPH, which is expected to lead to changes within the next 12 – 18 months. The purpose of the administrative reform is, among other things, to strengthen cross-organizational cooperation, increase efficiency, and ensure good career paths for administrative staff members at UCPH. The reform will lead to cutbacks in administration. You are encouraged to contact t Head of Center: Mette Seistrup 35321321 to learn more about the connection between this position and the administrative reform.
Part of the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU), and among Europe’s top-ranking universities, the University of Copenhagen promotes research and teaching of the highest international standard. Rich in tradition and modern in outlook, the University gives students and staff the opportunity to cultivate their talent in an ambitious and informal environment. An effective organisation – with good working conditions and a collaborative work culture – creates the ideal framework for a successful academic career.