Grant Specialist at the Novo Nordisk Foundation
Grant Specialist at the Novo Nordisk Foundation
Are you ambitious and enthusiastic about ensuring a professional and seamless experience for our grant applicants and functional areas?
We are looking for a new colleague to join our Grant Management Area as a Grant Specialist! The Grant Management Area plays a key role as the backbone of the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s grant-awarding activities. As part of the team, you will work closely with applicants, grantees, and colleagues across the Foundation on grant management processes.
The role of a Grant Specialist offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s overall vision of improving people’s health and the sustainability of society and the planet. The Novo Nordisk Foundation is one of the largest philanthropic actors in the world. In 2022 the foundation awarded over DKK 7,4bn in grants.
Ensure professional processes and collaboration
As a Grant Specialist, you will be responsible for the application process for our open calls across our programme areas. The Foundation’s fast development and focus on internationalisation influence how we work and therefore you will continuously be part of shaping the Grant Specialist role.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- The application process for the Foundation’s open calls
- Ensuring professional and accurate responses to applicants and grantees
- Supporting the Grant Management Area with ad-hoc support during the granting process and committee meetings
- Reviewing financial reports from grant holders
- Contributing to the adoption of AI and digitalisation of the grant processes
- Actively participating to develop and implement grant management processes and systems
- Managing administrative tasks, such as travel for external stakeholders, handling reimbursements, support at meetings, and updating the website.
You will be part of the Grant Management Area that consists of three departments and one cross functional team, with one director, three middle managers, and 22 employees in total. The position of Grant Specialist is anchored in the Cross Functional Team. We value a dynamic and cross-functional working environment where engagement and team spirit drive our activities. Working together as a dedicated team is key for us to provide the best service and solutions in everything we do.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
The ideal candidate has a relevant educational background. Preferably you have experience with grant management either from a research institute, foundation, NGO, or the public sector.
Furthermore, we expect you have:
- A relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree from e.g., a university or a business school
- Administrative flair and relevant experience with grant administration, including managing budgets
- Experience with, and motivation for optimising administrative processes and systems
- Experience with interacting with a broad range of stakeholders, preferably with research or scientific backgrounds
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office package and have interest in AI and digitalisation of administrative tasks
As a person, you are motivated by working in a purpose-driven and fast-paced culture and have both the professional and personal commitment to make a positive impact in your work. You thrive in a cross disciplinary environment and prefer the team centric way of working, while also being able to drive your own projects and deliverables. In addition, you have great interpersonal skills and a positive can-do attitude. Finally, you are fluent in English, both orally and in writing.
Working at the Novo Nordisk Foundation
We offer a committed and professional workplace in which we emphasize ensuring that our colleagues thrive, are challenged and have opportunities to develop their potential. A career at the Novo Nordisk Foundation gives you the opportunity to work:
- on important projects that benefit society;
- with key actors within research and development in Denmark;
- and as part of a dedicated team that is passionate about creating value for society.
Application and Information
For more information, please contact Senior Grant Lead Jacob Kristoffer Hansen on email: email@example.com or People & Organisation Partner Karolina Tøttrup by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage you to upload your application as soon as possible and no later than 7January 2024.
To apply, please upload your CV, cover letter, and educational transcripts by clicking on the “Apply” button.
About the Novo Nordisk Foundation
The Novo Nordisk Foundation dates back to 1922, and is an independent Danish foundation with corporate interests. Our vision is to contribute significantly to research and development that improves the lives of people and the sustainability of society.
Since 2010, the Foundation has donated more than DKK 30 billion (€4 billion), primarily for research at public institutions and hospitals in Denmark and the other Nordic countries. The Foundation gets its income from ownership in the Novo Group companies and more than 130 other life science companies.
In the coming years, the Foundation will broaden its scope and increase its grants for scientific, humanitarian and social purposes. As a consequence, we are a growing organization, which means new job openings and exciting opportunities for employees to be a part of forming the future of the Foundation.
Read more about the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s history, strategy and ownership structure Frontpage – Novo Nordisk Fonden.