Grant Manager at the Novo Nordisk Foundation
Grant Manager at the Novo Nordisk Foundation
Are you ambitious and enthusiastic about managing grants with a global impact in a large philanthropic foundation?
We are looking for an experienced Grant Manager to join our Grant Management Area.
The main responsibility as a Grant manager is to ensure professional handling of the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s grants. Thereby you will play a key role as the backbone of the Foundation’s grant-awarding activities. The Grant Manager works closely with colleagues across the foundation in developing the foundations granting models and in managing a portfolio of the Foundation’s grants.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s overall vision of improving people’s health and the sustainability of society and the planet. The Novo Nordisk Foundation is one of the largest philanthropic actors in the world, and in 2022 awarded over DKK 7,4bn in grants.
Ensure professional processes and collaboration
Your areas of responsibility will primarily be in the pre-award phase and throughout the active grant period. In the pre-award phase, your role is to ensure the right granting models for grants. And during the period where the grants are active, you will be responsible for driving seamless administrative grant processes.
The foundation is in a phase of rapid growth and internationalisation. Along with our strong focus on AI and digitalisation that means that this position is an exciting combination of running your own portfolio along with developing the Grant Manager’s role as a partner within the organisation.
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Providing sound grant management advice and engaging proactively in project teams on grant management matters
- Managing and developing granting frameworks for the Foundation’s large and complex grants
- Developing and maintaining relationships across the Foundation
- Managing core elements for the Foundation’s open calls, e.g., committee evaluations
- Ensuring professional and seamless granting processes
- Collaboration across the Foundation’s areas and with external stakeholders
- Participating in the development of internal granting processes by improving efficiency and reducing lead time, e.g., through digitalisation and AI
- Handling complex administrative tasks within the granting processes
You will be part of the Grant Management Area that consists of three departments and one cross functional team, with one Director, three middle managers, and 22 employees in total.
We value a dynamic and cross-functional working environment, where engagement and team spirit drive our activities. Working together as a dedicated team is key for us to provide the best service and solutions in everything we do.
Professional and Personal Qualifications
The ideal candidate has at least five years of experience with managing grants from a foundation, a university, a research institute, or other grant-receiving institution.
Furthermore, we expect that you have:
- A relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university or business school
- Administrative flair and relevant experience with grant administration, including managing budgets
- Project management expertise
- Conceptualising competencies and an interest in change management
- Experience of interacting with a broad range of stakeholders, preferably with research or scientific backgrounds
- Expertise in Office 365 and either some experience or interest in working with AI and digitalisation.
As a person, you are motivated by working in a purpose-driven and fast-paced culture and have both the professional and personal commitment to make a positive impact in your work. You are motivated by running your own portfolio and are energised by engaging in both improvements of daily operations as well as more radical changes.
You thrive in a cross disciplinary environment and prefer the team centric way of working, while also being able to drive your own projects and deliverables. In addition, you have great interpersonal skills and a positive can-do attitude.
Finally, you are fluent in English, both orally and in writing.
Working at the Novo Nordisk Foundation
We offer a committed and professional workplace in which we emphasize ensuring that our colleagues thrive, are challenged and have opportunities to develop their potential. A career at the Novo Nordisk Foundation gives you the opportunity to work:
- on important projects that benefit society;
- with key actors within research and development in Denmark;
- and as part of a dedicated team that is passionate about creating value for society.
Application and Information
For more information, please contact Senior Grant Lead Charlotte Drusebjerg on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or People & Organisation Partner, Karolina Tøttrup on email: email@example.com. We encourage you to upload your application as soon as possible and no later than 7. January 2024.
To apply, please upload your CV, cover letter, and educational transcripts by clicking on the “Apply” button.
About the Novo Nordisk Foundation
The Novo Nordisk Foundation dates back to 1922, and is an independent Danish foundation with corporate interests. Our vision is to contribute significantly to research and development that improves the lives of people and the sustainability of society.
Since 2010, the Foundation has donated more than DKK 30 billion (€4 billion), primarily for research at public institutions and hospitals in Denmark and the other Nordic countries. The Foundation gets its income from ownership in the Novo Group companies and more than 130 other life science companies.
In the coming years, the Foundation will broaden its scope and increase its grants for scientific, humanitarian and social purposes. As a consequence, we are a growing organization, which means new job openings and exciting opportunities for employees to be a part of forming the future of the Foundation.
Read more about the Novo Nordisk Foundation’s history, strategy and ownership structure Frontpage – Novo Nordisk Fonden.